Links For Parents
Kids Health for Parents
- current information on a variety of topics, including general health, nutrition, fitness, and positive parenting skills.
Nutrition Explorations for Parents
- up-to-date information to help families eat healthier. Snack and meal tips, tips for a healthy kitchen and recipes.
Ellyn Satter Associates
- Ellyn Satter’s mission is to help children and adults be joyful and competent with eating.
The New Food Pyramid
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture food pyramid, which breaks food categories into a spectrum to emphasize variety.
- The youth outreach program of the American Council on Exercise.
VERB it's what you do
- a national, multicultural, social marketing campaign coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Links For Kids
MyPyramid.gov for Kids
- build your own food pyramid. Print out coloring pages, posters, and great tips for you and your family.
Powerful Bones. Powerful Girls
- this interactive website provides tips on eating right and exercising for healthy bones.
Kids Health for Kids
- KidsHealth has information on dealing with feelings, staying healthy, diseases and staying safe.
KidNetic for Kids
- a variety of health information is prevented in a fun and interactive way.
- there are quick facts (called "Snacktoids"), brainteasers, tips for eating out, recipes, articles, video clips, and games.
Dole 5 a Day
- kids can play produce games, meet cartoon fruit and veggie characters, and learn all about the benefits of eating 5 fruits and vegetables.
Nutrition Explorations for Kids
- follow the trail to "Food Pyramid Peak," "Label Lookout," and other fascinating sites in this truly nutritious expedition.